BelPaese NFL American Football Forum
ci siamo trasferiti qui:

http://www.gridironforum.it/index.php
ci siamo trasferiti qui:

http://www.gridironforum.it/index.php
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

CI SIAMO TRASFERITI QUI: http://www.gridironforum.it/index.php

IndiceIndice  Ultime immaginiUltime immagini  CercaCerca  RegistratiRegistrati  Accedi  

Primo recap di stagione

Andare in basso 
+2
Piergiu74
Ponchia
6 partecipanti
AutoreMessaggio
Ponchia
Admin
Ponchia

Punti Simpatia : 0

Primo recap di stagione Empty
MessaggioTitolo: Primo recap di stagione   Primo recap di stagione EmptyMer 05 Ott 2011, 07:19

Interessante articolo su Sports Illustrated sul primo quarto di stagione regolare.
Vengono proposte 10 "sorprese".

1. The Lions can't lose.
With 25 minutes to play last week, they trailed at Minnesota by 20. With 25 minutes to play to play this week, they trailed at Dallas by 24. Won both. They won their last four last year, their only four this summer in the preseason, and their first four this year in the regular season. Just what kind of alternate universe are we living in where the Lions are undefeated and Matthew Stafford is healthy?
2. Cam Newton. Phenom.
I find myself reaching for ways to describe what we're seeing in Newton -- the confidence, the downfield throwing ability, the command of an offense early, the knowing when to throw and when to tuck it and run. And I find this to be a way to explain his instant impact: Newton threw for 374 yards in a loss at Chicago Sunday. Last night, it was barely a blip on the highlight shows, including our Football Night in America show on NBC, because of Newton throwing for more than 400 yards in his first two games as a pro. But 374's not bad. In John Elway's first 170 NFL games, he threw for 374 yards or more once.
3. The Eagles, the greatest team assembled since the '27 Yankees, are 1-3.
Some things are just plain weird, like Ronnie Brown, a very smart football player, turning around in the middle of the line of scrimmage and throwing the ball away as if it had herpes. He did that Sunday in Philadelphia's 24-23 loss to the San Francisco 49ers. After 16 quarters, they're tied, 101-101, in points scored with the opposition. One more scene none of us ever thought we'd see: A free agent from UMass, Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz, beat and out-leaped Nnamdi Asomugha to grab the winning touchdown pass last week. Smart cap money can't buy everything. It's early, and the Eagles are talented enough (on both sides of the ball; new defensive end Jason Babin is on pace to get 28 sacks), but maybe the moral of this story is the same as it's been for the uneasy 18-year marriage of pro football and free agency: Money can't buy championships. More bad news could be coming today. Ace defensive end Trent Cole limped off against the Niners with a calf injury that had the Eagles concerned last night.
4. Dallas could be 4-0. Dallas could be 0-4. Dallas is 2-2.
Tony Romo handed the Jets a win in Week 1 with two fourth-quarter blunders, and handed Detroit a lifeline Sunday with two third-quarter blunders. I know what it's like to fall off a cliff following a team, because I'm a Red Sox fan. The 2011 NFL version of the Sox is the team Roller Coaster Romo leads.
5. Lots of players are on pace to do ridiculous offensive things, and then there's Wes Welker, who has 40 catches in four games.
Reggie Wayne, Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes have 40 too. Combined. Wes Welker's average 2011 game: 10 catches, 152 yards. Average yards after the catch: Welker 7.1, Steve Smith (Panthers) 6.9, Julio Jones 5.6, Andre Johnson 4.6, Larry Fitzgerald 4.0, Greg Jennings 3.6, Calvin Johnson 3.2. And that is all for the Amazing Wes Welker Stats of the Day. The Raiders tried to combo-cover Welker with four different defensive backs Sunday, playing some man and some zone. He caught nine balls for 158 yards.
6. Washington can play defense.
The Redskins had seven sacks Sunday in St. Louis, nearly a quarter of their 2010 total (29). If Cam Newton is the best offensive rookie through the first quarter of the season, the most valuable defensive rookie is Ryan Kerrigan, who has given Brian Orakpo a guy opposite him who can take some of the pressure away.
7. The new coaches aren't lost sheep.
Jim Harbaugh changed everything in San Francisco with no offseason program; the Niners, coming off a two-game sweep back East, are 3-1. Same thing with Mike Munchak in 3-1 Tennessee. The Panthers have gone from moribund to thrilling on offense under Ron Rivera, and the Browns, though still struggling on both sides of the ball, are 2-2 under Pat Shurmur. If you'd told me on Labor Day those four teams would be 9-7 this morning, and Atlanta, Pittsburgh, the Jets and Philadelphia 7-9, I feel pretty sure I wouldn't have believed you.
8. Of the top 40 rushers in football, guess who's the least efficient?
Chris Johnson, at 2.88 yards per carry. But of course the holdout had nothing to do with that.
9. Tim Tebow is lost at sea in the Rocky Mountains.
Tebow's total offensive output in the first quarter of 2011: minus-one yard. No passes. One rush. I continue to be mystified that the 23rd-ranked offensive team in the NFL cannot find a package of plays for a fullback/wingback/quarterback/wildcat-quarterback with the determination of a Brahma bull.
10. Let's see how my mighty Super Bowl picks are doing.
Uh-oh. More reinforcement of my all-seeing brilliance. Foes 190, Atlanta/San Diego 181.

Torna in alto Andare in basso
https://nflfans.forumattivo.com
Piergiu74
Idolo delle Folle
Piergiu74

Punti Simpatia : 3

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Primo recap di stagione   Primo recap di stagione EmptyMer 05 Ott 2011, 07:52

Nn sono uno dai facili entusiasmi ma da quello che ho visto di Newton mi pare di poter dire che di sicuro, per citare due estremi, è più vicino a un Vick di un Jamarcus o Young...
Per quanto riguarda gli allenatori sono d'accordissimo, il problema di alcuni team imho nasce anche nella visione confusa di alcuni capoccioni.
Ai Lions io nn ruberei un giocatore quanto un management che ha saputo prendere una serie di giocatori di immediato impatto senza sbagliare un colpo ultimamente.
http://www.commandokravmaga.com
RiniLuca
Forumista Reietto
RiniLuca

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Primo recap di stagione   Primo recap di stagione EmptyMer 05 Ott 2011, 08:44

Piergiu74 ha scritto:
Nn sono uno dai facili entusiasmi ma da quello che ho visto di Newton mi pare di poter dire che di sicuro, per citare due estremi, è più vicino a un Vick di un Jamarcus o Young...
Per quanto riguarda gli allenatori sono d'accordissimo, il problema di alcuni team imho nasce anche nella visione confusa di alcuni capoccioni.
Ai Lions io nn ruberei un giocatore quanto un management che ha saputo prendere una serie di giocatori di immediato impatto senza sbagliare un colpo ultimamente.

oddio.....io calvin gle lo ruberei volentieri :plaxico:
Piergiu74
Idolo delle Folle
Piergiu74

Punti Simpatia : 3

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Primo recap di stagione   Primo recap di stagione EmptyMer 05 Ott 2011, 09:22

Grazie al cazzo...
Insieme a Suh, Sims, Best e Leshoure...
http://www.commandokravmaga.com
brax62
Icona Del Forum
brax62

Punti Simpatia : 8

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Primo recap di stagione   Primo recap di stagione EmptyMer 05 Ott 2011, 22:59

il parere di un tifoso redsox conta meno dio quello di sbiri
geronimo
Idolo delle Folle
geronimo

Punti Simpatia : 2

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Primo recap di stagione   Primo recap di stagione EmptyGio 06 Ott 2011, 11:29

Sicuramente i Lions sono LA sorpresa, in positivo.

Gli Eagles sono al momento la sorpresa in negativo. Tra i flop, io menzionerei anche i Vikings: passare da una finale di Conference al nulla in 2 anni non è semplice. E hanno pure McNabb, di cui non sono un gran tifoso, ma non mi pare tra i peggiori in circolazione.
Danny_Romo
Forumista Reietto
Danny_Romo

Punti Simpatia : 4

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Primo recap di stagione   Primo recap di stagione EmptyGio 06 Ott 2011, 11:58

Mcnabb :duck:
Ponchia
Admin
Ponchia

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Primo recap di stagione   Primo recap di stagione EmptyGio 06 Ott 2011, 12:05

Danny_Romo ha scritto:
Mcnabb :duck:

Vuoi mettere con Romo?

:duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck:
https://nflfans.forumattivo.com
Contenuto sponsorizzato

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Primo recap di stagione   Primo recap di stagione Empty

Primo recap di stagione
Pagina 1 di 1